Are you traveling a lot and are always on the go?
Travelling has certainly some it perks; however, it has its downfalls as well – one of which is not being comfortable enough especially on long flights.
Finding the right pillow that can provide comfort when traveling can be quiet challenging.
Read on our Trtl Pillow Review and see if this is the right travel pillow for you.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Trtl Pillow?
Now let us take a look at the good and not-so-good thing about this travel pillow.
- It’s comfy and soft.
- It does not look as weird compared to other travel pillows. Unlike other travel pillow that looks like an awkward banana, the Trtl Pillow looks somehow normal. It looks like a scarf from a distance but when you take a closer look, you’ll see that one side is a bit larger and higher than the other.
- It is lighter and more compact than other pillows. It can make traveling so easy because it is lightweight and least bulky.
- Supportive – its internal support system helps the pillow to provide support on your head. You can also place it forward to support your jaw or sides of your face.
- It’s machine washable and dries easily.
- It does not take much space on your luggage since it’s relatively easy to pack.
- Can be wrapped over your nose and mouth to protect yourself from germs and dirt.
- Plastic support can be uncomfortable at times. If you don’t get the correct fit, the plastic suport may make you uncomfortable as it digs into your neck.
- Not advisable if you’re wearing turtle neck shirts and collared shirts as they can restrain the pillow.
- Trtl Pillow can be very warm and may not be ideal if you’re travelling on hotter climates.
- They are not always compatible with headphones or earbuds.
- People with longer neck may find this travel pillow to be a bit short which can result to discomfort.
- You would need to keep your head in one place. If you want to move it to another direction, you would need to remove the pillow completely and re-wrap it around your neck.
The Trtl (pronounced “Turtle”) Travel Pillow was created by David Kellock and Michael Corrigan, engineers of Coolside Limited in Great Britain. Their aim was to create a product that can make traveling more comfortable for everyone. They describe Trtl Pillow as an important “napparatus”, an apparatus that can help you nap.
Trtl Travel Pillow is literally a portable neck brace with its soft fleece wrap.
If you are looking for an alternative to the traditional travel pillow, Trtl Pillow could be a good choice.
It is 7.5 x 7.5 x 3.7 inches and has a polyurethane foam filling and hypoallergenic fleece (polyester) shell.
One of its best feature is its simplicity. It’s almost similar to a scarf; you just have to simply wrap it around your neck and fasten the velcro.
It is made of two parts: the brace and soft cover.
The brace is a single piece of plastic and has four prongs. The top two can support your head while the bottom two can rest either on your chest, shoulder or back. It is called the “Internal Support System” of the pillow. The plastic has enough spring to cradle your head and firm enough that allows your whole head to put its weight on the pillow.
The cover is a super soft hypoallergenic polyester fleece which aims to provide both comfort and warmth. It comes in rich and vibrant colors such as red, gray, black and so on.
What sets it apart from other standard travel pillow is its unique turtle design that may provide built in support for your neck.
Here are some things that you need to know before purchasing Trtl Pillow:
- Durable – Though it’s made of super soft fleece, its internal support system is sturdy and firm enough to sleep on. You may go on long hours of flight yet this pillow can stay durable.
- Supportive – It gives support to your neck and you can even put the entire weight of your head on this pillow.
- Neck Pain Relief – Some travel pillows are sturdy and bulky which can strain your neck. Trtl Pillow provides full support on your neck, relieving any pain and discomfort that sleeping on a bus or airplane brings.
- No Noise – Because it’s made of super soft fleece, it is not producing any noise.
- No Odor – you can remove the plastic rib and machine wash the pillow. It does not catch sweat or other odors easily.
- Not Hot – Its soft fleece can either be the best thing or it can also be a curse. This pillow may be perfect for cold flights however this is not ideal if you are travelling on a warm climate as it can get very hot.
- Allergy safe – Its material does not easily trap moist and dirt which are one of the most culprits of allergy. It is also machine washable and dries fast so you may turn it back to its sparkly clean appearance in no time.
- Reduces Snoring – since it provides full support on your neck and head, you may not spend your entire flight snoring loudly.
How Does it Compare?
Trtl Pillow VS J-Pillow
Neither of them looks like your typical travel pillow at the initial glance.
Both supports the chin, head and neck while J-Pillow may offer more support on your face. Trtl is a mix of foam, fleece and plastic while J-pillow is 100% polyester.
You might want to choose the J-pillow if you are a side sleeper and wants a versatile pillow that can be used if you want to lay down in a couch.
Trtl pillow may be good for you if you want a pillow that is easy to pack and offers good neck support.
Trtl Pillow vs Cabeau Memory foam pillow
While trtl pillow may be quite hard to squeeze into your luggage, Cabeau can be extremely compact since you can easily roll it up and fit it into your backpack easily. On the other hand, Cabeau is fairly unattractive and bulky while trtl pillow is designed seamlessly to give a posh appearance.
Cabeau Memory foam may be good for those who want outstanding firmness and support while trtl pillow may be your choice if you want a pillow that is portable and lightweight.
Trtl Pillow VS Lewis N. Clark On Air Adjustable and Inflatable Neck Pillow
Lewis N. Clark On Air travel neck pillow is a decent travel pillow for its price. It has a small valve that you can either inflate or deflate to get the correct hardness to your liking. It is 100% polyester and uses a thin fabric so that you can pack it easily without taking too much space on your luggage.
It could be your best bet if you want an affordable travel pillow that is compact while trtl pillow could be your choice if you are looking for comfort and support.