It is very disappointing to spend money on mattresses every year and much worse buying mattresses that pose a health threat to you as a person. I mean the mattress that you will sleep on comfortably when its new only to sink in at the middle days later giving you long nights. Sleep is an essential building block in health, recovery, performance and cognitive function.
These low-quality mattresses are spreading in the market like bush fire. It poses a significant challenge to people looking for top-notch mattresses that offer comfort, are therapeutic as well as the practical functionalities to make the right choice.
Sleep Science mattresses come in different sizes. If you are looking for some of the popular mattresses from this brand here is a complete review.
Who Should be Interested in Sleep Science Mattresses?
No type of mattress is a one fit solution for everyone. Different kind of people will benefit more from a particular type of mattress than others. Sleep science memory foam mattresses are suitable to the following groups of people:
Sleepers with allergies
Memory foam mattresses are dust-mite resistant because the fibers found in memory foam are not a right environment for dust mites. You are still required to often change your sheets and pillowcases often to fight allergies. Getting a memory foam mattress can, however, help with keeping dust mites and allergies away.
Sleepers who toss and turn
If you are normally restless at night, tossing and turning looking for the best position to sleep changing your mattress should be your first solution. Memory foam mattresses are good at improving initial comfort, allowing your body settle in a healthy comfortable position and stay there all night long.
Sleepers with aches and pains
Memory foam mattresses provide pressure relief which helps alleviate aches and pains. The best memory foam mattress hits a perfect middle ground between softness and support giving support where needed and relieving pressure in key areas susceptible to aches and pains.
Sleepers who run hot.
If you run hot at night, a good memory foam mattress might help. Manufacturers have come up with clever ways to assist with heat distribution, but if you sleep very hot a memory foam might be the best to avoid altogether.
What Makes the Mattresses Different?
Features of a mattress brand are essential considerations to put into mind when looking to buy a new mattress. Prior knowledge of these features helps you make an informed decision about the best mattress for you. Below are the key strengths of Sleep Science mattresses.
- They are safe mattresses for you because they are built with certiPUR-Us certified memory foam
- The company has a wide range of mattress models with varying prices to suit different consumers’ needs and budgets.
- Costco has a return policy that gives customers an opportunity to test the mattress for an extended period
- Many of the mattresses come with high-density memory foam and top comfort layers that allows strong motion isolation. It is one of the biggest strength of this type. For people sharing a bed, motion isolation helps ensure that when one person moves the other party is not affected.
- All of the mattresses come along with a 20 years warranty.
- Some level of off-gassing which is a regular character with memory foam mattresses.
- Only available through Costco. People who aren’t Costco warehouse members are not viable to buy these mattresses.
- Memory foam mattresses are not right for all kind of sleepers. Some customers find them to have too much sink, be too hot, and too restrictive of movement.
- Dream: This mattress has a top layer of memory foam and a bottom layer of polyfoam that is Air comfort.The cover is made of bamboo fabric blend while the support core is made of polyfoam
- LatexGl: This mattress has 3 layers in the comfort system made of Talalay Latex. The top layer is 21 ILD, the middle is 19 ILD,and the bottom is 24 ILD. The support core is made of soy-infused polyfoam.
- Natural Latex: This mattress is designed with two Talalay Latex layers of 19 ILD and 32 ILD consecutively. The cover has a combination of polyester, spandex, and organic cotton.
- Active Latex Medium Firm: This mattress has two layers of Dunlop Latex in the support system and a support core made of open-cell polyfoam.
- Active Studio Plush Medium: This mattress has a comfort system with a top layer of 4 PCF memory foam and a bottom layer of 3 PCF memory foam. Its’ support core is constructed with polyfoam.
- Marina: It has a top layer of 3 PCF gel memory foam in the comfort system and an Air comfort polyfoam layer. The support core is constructed from polyfoam and it has wedge, edge support encasement.
- Sleep Science: This mattress resembles the design of the Marina. It has a comfort system with a top layer of standard memory foam and an Air comfort bottom layer with a polyfoam support core and a wedge edge support encasement.
- Black Diamond: This mattress is made up of 3 comfort system components. A top layer of 5 PCF charcoal bamboo memory foam, a second layer of 5 PCF memory foam, and a third layer of latex. The support core has a wedge edge support system and is made of polyfoam.
- Carina: It has 3 components in the comfort system. A top layer of 3 PCF gel memory foam, A second layer of 4 PCF memory foam and finally the last layer of latex. The support core is cut with 1” grooves for increased air flow.
- Active Loft: This mattress has 2 layers of 4 PCF memory foam in the company system and a support core of open-cell polyfoam.
- iFlip Sonoma: This mattress is a reversible memory foam model which has one side as soft and the other as medium-firm. The soft side has a comfort system with a 3 PCF memory foam top layer with 10 ILD and a second Air comfort layer. The medium side has a 3 PCF memory foam 13 ILD layer followed by an Air comfort layer. This mattress contains a shared support core made of air channel polyfoam cut into 1’ squares.
- Ara: This mattress has a 5 PCF memory foam in the comfort system followed by an Air comfort polyfoam. Its’ support core is made from Air Channel polyfoam cut into 1’ squares.
Sleep Science is a brand of memory foam mattresses manufactured by Southbay International that has been in operation for 23-years. Sleep Science builds a line of latex and memory foam mattresses. Their claim to fame is their wedge technology that provides edge support to every mattress model. They are also CertiPUR certified meaning they have low VOC and no formaldehyde in their mattresses. Some mattresses use the bamboo material.
Southbay International was founded in 1993 and has been a strategic partner to many high-quality bedding retailers since then. Sleep Science has however not earned a grade from Better Business Bureau (BBB) but its parent company Southbay International has an A+ BBB rating. Sleeps Science mattresses are made accessible through a physical store is called Costco which and it operates brick and mortar locations across the United States it has a full database store online. It sells the mattresses at competitive prices versus many of the retail sold mattresses of the same material quality
Warranties and Return Policy
Costco will refund membership fee in full any time a customer is not satisfied. It extends its standard customer satisfaction policy to mattresses. It might be regarded as a generous return policy for a retail outlet, but there is no specific time-frame stated as it applies to mattresses. It is expected to have a time frame that is specific for 200 days would be available on the Costco website but this is not the case
It is essential to note that according to the Costco website mattresses must be returned to the store at the return counter. This can pose a challenge to customers that do not own a car or live far from the Costco store.
They come with a twenty-year warranty against manufacturer defects. However, the details about warranty information is not available online and must be obtained from the company.
Sleep Science 9” Natural Latex Mattresses – Best Latex Mattress
It is an all latex mattress that is highly resilient with excellent support and comfort. It has superior natural latex breath-ability that helps keep your body warm during winter and cool during summer.
The cover of the mattress is made of 37% organic cotton, and the rest is polyester with 2% spandex. It makes this mattress breathable and sleeps relaxed making it an excellent choice for someone who sleeps hot. The latex in this mattress does not contain any chemicals, synthetics, pesticides, herbicides, or other human-made materials.
It is made up of two layers of natural latex and the cover providing instant recovery and support leaving you with a plush feeling while you sleep. These layers are bonded with a water-soluble adhesive. The latex structure makes the mattress bounce well and quick. It isolates movement making it a great choice if you sleep with a partner.
It is an excellent eco-friendly choice made of all organic materials with a reasonable price tag.
- Has 20 years warranty
- Mattress is hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant
- Has high breathe-ability
- Has good pressure relief
- Has high resiliency and great support
- Has excellent motion isolation
- Provides plush and conforming features to create a natural sleeping
- Needs a few days to gas-off
- It needs a flat solid surface for better results.
Sleep Science 10-inch Memory Foam Mattresses – Best Hypoallergenic Mattress
This mattress is an all-foam solution that can cater to any need, and it features hypoallergenic materials.
This mattress has a right amount of sleep science technology since it features a top layer of Visco memory foam that will keep you supported, offer pain relief and neutral spine positioning. It is a fine composition that will keep you fresh at all times as it features an enhanced Air Comfort layer with enlarged cell materials that makes it breathable. It prevents heat retention and promotes a neutral temperature.
It is an ideal choice for people looking for a mattress made of hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant materials which are CertiPUR-US approved.
It has firm support best for universal sleepers.
- Sleeps cool
- Removable and washable cover
- Has 20 years warranty
- Has a high Air Comfort Layer of large open-cell foam that allows air circulation.
- Good Wedge Edge support system.
- Mattress is hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant
- A bit pricey compared to other products of similar brands.
Sleep Science 12-inch Active Loft Memory Foam Mattresses – Best Mattress for Combination Sleepers
It is an affordable mattress that helps promote superior night rest and renewed morning energy through its high plush feature. It features a removable and washable cover with a zipper making it easy for laundering. The mattress top and middle layers are constructed with 2 inches high memory foam that conforms to the body’s natural curves and supports you. It helps relieve pressure on sensitive areas and the spine. The two memory foam layers are enclosed by a foam layer enhanced with Sleep science’s patented wedge support system.
It has an Air channel base 8 inches thick and consists of polyurethane foam and airflow channels which make the mattress breathable since they prevent heat retention keeping you cool while you sleep. The memory foam layers will provide a plush feel and a strong body contouring. This model can work for all sleepers.
The Active Loft specialty mattress layers OptiTemp memory foam over Sleep Science Suspend memory foam support. OptiTemp memory foam provides a comfortable, consistent, and conforming top layer that is unaffected by temperature fluctuations. It is also highly breathable and dissipates any heat absorption. The Suspend memory foam layer compliments OptiTemp by contouring to pressure points such as the hip and shoulders while offering optimal support for healthy spine alignment. Treat your body to a beautiful night’s rest with the Sleep Science Active Loft.
It has medium support for universal sleepers.
- Comes with a 20-year warranty.
- Appropriate for any sleeper.
- Has an affordable price
- Has a wedge support system for enhanced Edge support.
- Has a cooling technology that helps counter heat.
- Removable and washable cover
- Can only be used on a solid foundation
- Memory foam could generate heat
Sleep Science 13-inch Ara Memory Foam Mattresses 100% Visco Foam – Best Triple Layered Mattress
This mattress is designed luxuriously to provide a cloud-like effect while you sleep. It boasts 6-5/8 inches of premium memory foam that envelops you in an unparalleled feeling of weightless sleep that is supported by our patented Wedge Edge Support System that help relieve pressure points, improve air circulation and keep your spine in a neutral position. Its’ proprietary ‘Air Channel’ Base allows air flow and heat dissipation
It is triple-layered cover, and the visco-elastic memory foam top layer work together with the air-enabling polyurethane base, to maximize the comfort you will get while sleeping.
It is the right mattress for consumers looking to sleep on a mattress that provides complete support for the whole body and it comes with premium high-quality materials that are hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant.
It is a medium best soft mattress for side and back sleepers.
- Has a 20-year warranty
- Great wedge support system
- Machine washable zip-off mattress with a beautiful cover made of bamboo fabric for better breathe-ability.
- Can support all kind of sleepers but its best for side and back sleepers.
- Has a high Air Comfort Layer of large open-cell foam that allows air circulation
- Has an Air Channel Base that enables deeper sleep by allowing air flow and heat dissipation.
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
- Easy to assemble-Sleep Science Folding Foundation.
- Slight foam odor occurs for a while after opening.
Sleep Science Carina 11’ Split-King Gel Memory Foam Mattresses – Best Mattress for Stomach and Side Sleepers
It is one of sleep science mattress that uses the best elements. It combines three different comfort materials which together create a luxurious mattress providing the ultimate engineered comfort. Its’ sleeping surface consists of layers of gel infused Visco memory which offers temperature balancing support paired with the second layer of a higher density premium visco memory for a plusher mattress. The last layer is a continuous layer of latex for a plusher experience that supports and contours.
It has a patented wedge system that offers support to the layers of the mattress. The wedge is an angled piece of support tech foam that runs along the outside edge of the mattress. It has a stable sitting edge and more sleeping surface making it better than its competition. The wedge prevents the foam from spreading after prolonged use thus extending the life of the mattress. It has an air channel base made of resilient polyurethane hence promotes air circulation. The sleeping surface is easily removed for laundering purposes keeping the mattress fresh and free from allergens.
This mattress is perfect for back, side and stomach sleepers.
- Comes with a 20-year warranty.
- It is hypoallergenic and dust-mite.
- It has a density gel-infused Visco for temperature balancing comfort
- White glove delivery and assembly included in the price.
- Removable and washable cover.
- It is best to rest on a solid surface for better results.
Sleep Science mattresses combine luxury and comfort at fair prices although some models appear to be reasonably expensive than others.
If you are looking for mattresses that offer therapeutic healing effect, superior quality, and guarantee comfort all night long, sleep science mattresses will provide you with excellent value for your money.