How to Remove Mattress Sweat Stains?
Considering the average 8 hours sleep requirement per person, a human being is therefore spending one thirds of his lifetime in bed, enveloped in all the beddings like pillows, blanket, comforter, and mattress. It is then inevitable that body fluids which includes sweat, extracts out of the human pores and it directly sticks to the bed covers. In this case, sweat stains will form eventually. Upon cleaning these stains, the difficult hurdle starts. Now, how likely can these stains are removed? Technically, you need to wash it off. Below steps will help you clean off sweat stains from your mattress:
- Prepare a bar of soap, a bucket of water or two, and a sponge rug.
- Wet the sponge rug and wash it with a bar of soap.
- Once foamy, brush it in a circular motion from the area with the most stains. Rub outwards.
- Once all areas are covered, rinse the rug, sponge clean water and press it on the soaped areas.
- Once all areas are covered and you feel the mattress is well-rinsed, get a dry sponge rug and press it atop the wet areas for it to seep and extract excess water off.
- Let it dry completely before putting it back for use.
Cleaning your mattress is a pretty tough job. That is why it is best you have washed yourself before diving off your bed to sleep. Unless, you love punishing yourself cleaning heavy stuff such as this, then you can go ahead and stain off your beddings. Just remember that when you don’t clean it for quite some time, it will soon be a good place for itchy creatures and they will likely bug you when you sleep. For sure, you wouldn’t like that. Just in case you have this problem though, consider your issue resolved with this.