Wedge pillows are more than just your average pillows. They are therapeutic and offer relief of some of the more common conditions like acid reflux that could impact your sleep quality negatively. If the other pillows don’t seem to get the job done, you might want to consider getting a wedge pillow. You will realize they are more comfortable not to mention that they have more ways that you can use them.
The task of researching and figuring out the best wedge pillow can be daunting. In this article, there is a full description of the best wedge pillows. Compare the pros and cons of each and choose the best pillow according to your needs. This article comes in handy for any person who wants to buy a wedge pillow, save money, and lots of time on research
A Few Things You Need to Remember
Wedge pillows are very unique and if you stand a chance at getting a good one that will be able to meet your specifications, there are a number of things that you need to consider.
- What do you intend to use the pillow for?
- What gradient do you prefer?
- Are you allergic to any materials?
- What materials have been used in making the pillow
- How long is the warranty and what is the return policy?
- Does it come with a removable cover?
- Do you have any medical conditions like snoring?
- Is the pillow good enough for spine alignment when sleeping?
Best 10 Wedge Pillow Reviews
Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Wedge Pillow.
This pillow provides perfect support to elevate your upper body, legs or use it as a trunk stabilizer for lying on your side. It is made of special foam free of phthalates, chemical flame retardants and lead. It is available in 10 -12 inches in height meaning you have the chance to choose what matches your needs. This pillow is designed for those suffering from acid reflux, difficulty in breathing, poor circulation, hiatal hernia back or neck problems or any other condition which breathing may be impaired in a supine position. It can be used to elevate your feet. It offers comfortable, gradual slope and uses gravity to keep reflux down and airways open.
- Pairs well with regular pillows
- Reduces Snoring
- It is the perfect solution for anyone with snoring problems, allergies, acid reflux,
- Poor circulation, and back pain.
- The gradual slope of this pillow keeps you comfortable and gives your body the right
- Sleeping posture.
- This pillow is versatile, and you can use it as a trunk stabilizer if you are sleeping on your
- It can also be used to raise your legs or feet.
- It holds its shape even after years of use.
- The cover is soft and comfortable to lie on.
- It is also easy to clean.
- It is sold at an affordable price and gives value for money
- During delivery, it comes compressed in a box and takes a long time to spring to its proper shape.
- Some users find this pillow too stiff and uncomfortable.
InteVision Ortho Wedge Pillow.
It is made of furniture-grade base foam with a layer of memory foam on top to provide maximum comfort and durability. It has a unique profile that allows your legs to elevate to a higher position helping ease circulation and back pains. It has a high quality, 400 thread count. Has 100% Egyptian cover that can be removed for easy washing. Each product has the trademark InterVision on its packaging. It has a short incline area and a large flat surface on the top. It is a comfortable choice for putting softer pillows behind your head without being pushed too far forward.
- The firm foam base supports your body while the memory foam top layer gives the pillow a soft, comfortable feel.
- Has a reasonable price.
- It is durable and holds its shape even with constant use.
- One can purchase an additional pillowcase from the manufacturer.
- The memory foam layer of this wedge pillow retains heat, and this could make sleep uncomfortable.
- It has an unpleasant smell when newly opened and you have to air it out for a week.
Drive Medical Folding Wedge Pillow.
It has unique designed pieces for different needs like to help elevate and support the neck, to relieve discomfort associated with respiratory problems, and poor circulation. Other options are too big to store, and this pillow is foldable to a box shape for convenient storage and also helps to alleviate discomfort from pregnancy. This pillow is great for sleeping with acid reflux or heartburn. It has dimensions of 23W by 23L by 12 inches height
- It is easy to maintain since the removable cover can be machine washed.
- It is firm enough to give the needed support but soft enough to keep you comfortable.
- This wedge pillow has the perfect angle to provide relief at all pressure points.
- It is suitable for someone with breathing issues, acid reflux, poor circulation, and neck or back pains
- The cover is soft and can be used even by people who have sensitive skin.
- The choice of colors for this pillow is limited.
- The foam gives a strong smell that takes long to dissipate.
Science of Sleep Wedge Pillow.
This pillow is designed with a very minimal and gradual incline ideal for gastrointestinal problems. It also helps reduce acid reflux symptoms at night causing sound sleep. It has a low height of up to 5 inches which is not effective at reducing back pain and breathing issues at steeper options. This pillow is used to sleep directly or under the pillow and can also stay on top of the bed or under a fitted sheet.
- It elevates your chest and abdomen, thus providing acid reflux relief and giving you a good night sleep.
- It has the perfect slope to keep you comfortable.
- It is the right height and does not cause neck pains like some other wedge pillows.
- It is durable.
- It is very costly as compared to other options in the market.
- This wedge pillow gives off a strong smell during the first few days of use.
- It is too broad to be used in a standard bed if you sleep with a partner.
- The return policy for defective products is too strict.
Avana Back Rest Wedge Pillow.
Designed by an orthopedic surgeon, the Avana Back Rest provides maximum lumbar support, which makes it great for those suffering from back pain. It’s made from dense urethane with a softer memory foam layer on top, and its curved shape is ideal for seated use. It is available in four different sizes x-large, king, queen, and twin-short.
- A wide variety of combinations
- Beautiful design
- Used as a pain relief solution after surgery
- Fully adjustable
- A lot of space required for storage
Mabis DMI Wedge Pillow.
The Mabis DMI is useful for easing respiratory problems and reducing back pain, and it includes a machine-washable cover. It has a low height of just 7 inches, which many find more comfortable than the standard 12 inches of other models.
- Made of durable foam that keeps its shape
- It has a removable cover.
- The foam is a bit too hard.
Medslant big Wedge Pillow.
It helps fight against acid reflux by keeping your head and airways always open while keeping you in a comfortable position. It has a gradual incline than most pillows and has an odor-resistant technology that still keeps it smelling new.
- It lasts for many years without sagging or crumbling.
- The gentle slope of this pillow elevates your upper body and keeps your airways open, helping you breathe easily.
- It also helps to avoid acid reflux.
- It reduces pressure points and gives you the correct sleeping posture so that you don’t wake up with back or neck pains.
- The pillow is soft to the feel, and the zippered cover is washable.
- It helps with snoring and acid reflux among several other medical problems.
- The pillow is too broad for a standard bed.
- The pillow is much costly as compared to other affordable products in the market that serve the same purpose.
- It is too firm for comfort especially if you are not a back sleeper.
FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow.
It is well known for its therapeutic qualities and comfortable support. It has 1.5 inches of memory foam situated on top of a premium-grade polyurethane base. Its’ memory foam quickly molds to the contours of your shoulders, neck and head to furnish you with comfortable, restful sleep. It’s ergonomically shaped to improve sleep posture helping prevent orthopedic issues with your spine, neck and shoulders. It also helps relieve back pain, acid reflux, snoring and other breathing issues. It is a mid-range price for a pillow with a gradual slope.
- Removable cover for easy washing
- Two years warranty
- Has memory foam that is built to last
- 28-inch long gradual slope
- It may not be comfortable nor effective
Bamboo Foam Wedge Pillow.
This pillow is naturally hypoallergenic with an adjustable zipper. It is scientifically designed with fantastic memory foam for extreme comfort. It can be used as a pain relief pillow, acid reflux reduction, helping in pregnancy pains or a leg positioner. It is highly recommended for individuals who suffer from asthma or allergies. It will improve the quality of their sleep, and they will be healthier.
- Made of bamboo foam that is naturally hypoallergenic
- Has an 11-inch angle
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee
- It is too large
- Quite strong foam plastic odor
Bobby Pregnancy Wedge Pillow.
This pillow is more of a pregnancy pillow for mum’s back, bump or knee support. It has an ultra-soft slip jersey cover that supports your bump, knees and back and is removable and washable. It has a compact and portable design that means that mums can carry it anywhere and use it for belly support while side sleeping, lumbar comfort while sitting or knee support while relaxing
- Portable, Lightweight and comfortable to position
- Removable slipcover
- Machine Washable
- Compresses too much for some users
Buyers Guide of a Wedge Pillow
There are plenty of features that wedge pillows have to offer knowing which one to pick is quite important. You also need to be well aware of the benefits and downside that come with a wedge pillow before you make the purchase. These include;
Pros of Wedge Pillow
- Avoids Stiffness
- Quell heartburn
- Reduces Congestion
- Improves Circulation
- Added comfort
Cons of a Wedge Pillow
- It has a small sleeping area, leading to rolling off and knocking the bed wedge onto the floor
- Requires more frequent maintenance like laundering and needs to be replaced frequently.
After understanding the upsides and downsides of a wedge pillow, you can then use the checklist we came up with to find one that will be perfect for your use.
Wedge pillows are either made of memory foam or polyurethane form. Traditionally, polyurethane form provides firmer support and is ideal for people who sleep on their backs. Memory foam pillows are suitable for people who sleep on their side since they conform to one’s body shape. Some pillows have a polyester fill which makes them fill softer but are not ideal for health problems.
Wedge pillows have a triangular shape which makes it hard to use a regular pillowcase on them. They can quickly get dirty and need cleaning regularly. Choosing one that comes with a removable cover makes it easily washable and keeps your pillow clean.
Wedge pillows come in different sizes. Some are twin, king and queen size while others are small, medium, large or extra-large. Check to make sure the pillow you choose has dimensions that fit your bed.
Height is a feature to observe if you want a pillow for your medical needs like snoring. They are either low wedge pillows that are six to eight inches ideal for acid reflux, sleep apnea, and other health issues. There are also mid-sized wedge pillows of 10 to 12 inches, not the best for dealing with health issues but good for sleeping to solve pains and aches. Tall wedge pillows are 15 inches high and they are not considered to help solve medical conditions, however it is ideal for watching television.
Wedge pillows price are different depending on the material used. They can either be inexpensive that is they are made of foam or a polyester fill and range from 25$ to 40$. Mid- range pillows are made of foam or a medium to large polyester fill ranging from 40$ to 70$. Expensive pillows are made of foam and are 70$ to 100$.
The durability of the pillow should have long continuous life without requiring extraordinary maintenance.
A good wedge pillow should have the ability to hold your neck, back, knees and other parts without deflating
Neck Pain Relief
The right pillow is essential in keeping the neck in a supported position with neutral alignment during sleep.
A pillow with no odor means merely that the pillow has fabric that allows moisture and air to be transmitted through the material instead of building it up inside the structure.
The best pillow should be safe to use. It should not cause any harm to someone.
A pillow plays a significant role in the wellness of the body especially after a long day at work getting home to rest is what our body needs. You need not be stressed since you have one of those pillows that make you wake up at night to rest because of neck pains.
We recommend Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic wedge pillow. It is a multipurpose wedge pillow. It has everything you would want in a wedge pillow including comfort, features and a value price. We recommend this for any user who is strained on their budget but still wants a good wedge pillow with decent features and capabilities. It might be an average wedge pillow but it does a great job. Whatever you feel serves your need at the moment we hope we have helped you have an informed decision on which wedge pillow to buy.