A lot of pillows in the market currently focus on one type of sleeper. You have probably noticed that already. So, what happens if you are the kind of person that doesn’t have a specific sleeping position?
It can be hard to find a pillow for combination sleepers, but it is not impossible. You just need to have more patience and a better strategy when looking for your preferred pillow. Lucky for you, you are at the right place and you will get all the information you need to finally put your sleeping woes away and get some great rest through the night.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
To help you make the right decision when choosing your pillow for combination sleepers, here are a few questions that should be ringing at the back of your mind.
- What is your most natural sleeping position?
- What pillow filling do you prefer?
- What is level of firmness you prefer with your pillow?
- Do you snore?
- Do you have any allergies or medical conditions like asthma?
- Do you prefer natural or synthetic filling for the pillow?
- What is your budget?
- What kind of quality standards are you looking for?
Best Pillows for Combination Sleepers Reviews
To get you started, here are some pillows that are ideal for combination sleepers. They have received plenty of positive feedback from previous and current users and might be what you are looking for.
Snuggle-Pedic Ultra- For People with Allergic Reactions
The Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury pillow uses a unique mix of certified foam and hypoallergenic memory foam to provide comfort and serenity while you sleep.
The mixture of the materials guarantees plenty of support to the head and neck and prevents back pain no matter how you move at night. The outer cover is made of bamboo fabric providing adequate air circulation which gives off a pleasant cooling effect especially on those hot nights.
The pillow is specifically designed for orthopedic purposes, with a fluff but firm feel. It is perfect for combination sleepers as it naturally adjusts to any sleeping posture you are in and can offer support to numerous parts of your body depending on the placement.
- It is firm yet comfy regardless of your sleeping position
- It has adequate air flow feature free of allergens, bugs and dust mites.
- It is made of high-quality materials, both foam and cover.
- Offers orthopedic support
- It takes some getting used to when unboxed as it is a bit hard, but softens after a few uses.
- It also has an unpleasant smell that goes away with time after unboxing it.
Natures Guest Cervical Support Pillow – Recommended by Chiropractors
Talk about a pillow that gives you the freedom to roll from side to back. It has been highly praised by chiropractors because of the cervical support it provides. It has an inbuilt neck roll cushion for that firm yet supportive feel and to keep your head comfortable during the different sleeping positions transitions.
Approach this pillow with caution if you frequently change your sleeping position to the side and back only since it is a little too firm
Natures Guest is adjustable according to your preference, by fluffing the fill especially around the neck area. It is manufactured using eco-friendly materials that are durable and fresh, meaning that there is a coolness and airy feel while you sleep.
- This pillow is full of all natural fills that are soft yet firm to the touch.
- It is ideal for side and back sleepers.
- It has hypoallergenic properties that enhance coolness and freshness as you sleep.
- You can adjust the pillow’s firmness to your liking without damaging it.
- This pillow carries more than normal fill, making it firm and bulky for some users.
- Those that sleep on their side only are not advised to purchase this pillow.
Beegod Soft Pillow, Hypoallergenic, and Fluffy-down – Best All-round Pillow
It must be a task going out there to find a pillow suitable for combination sleepers that carry the perfect balance of softness and firmness. This pillow satisfies both of these needs. The high-quality materials that make this pillow boast of superfine silk and elastic cotton for extra comfort. These materials come with an upgrade of airiness and freshness, keeping away unpleasant odors as you rest.
The pillow was made with so much attention to detail that it is appealing to look at and brings out a luxurious feel to the touch. It adjusts to every position as you sleep without resistance guaranteeing quality and uninterrupted sleep.
Nonetheless, if you suffer from neck and back aches while you sleep, you will need a firmer pillow than this one here.
- It is soft and comfy.
- One can clean it easily because it is stain resistant.
- It is resistant to bugs and dust mites.
- Appealing to look at and hypoallergenic.
- Some sleepers are not satisfied with its firmness. They find it just a bit too soft to lay their heads on.
Bamboo Charcoal Memory Foam Pillow – Perfect for Back and Side Sleepers
For back and side sleepers, this is an ideal pick for you. Its foam is made from 100% natural bamboo fiber. This makes it hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites among other pollutants that could bring discomfort while you sleep.
In addition the bamboo adds to its aerating to keep you cool and crisp as you rest improving your chances of waking up feeling invigorated and energized.
It has this special contour design that conforms to the curve of your neck and head for maximum support. The loft of this pillow is high and low hence aligning the spine, and reducing the pressure from the neck and head for back and side sleepers.
It has heaps of medical advantages like expanded breathing and spine allignment for better posture and it helps to prevent snoring. It is also very steady and predictable to the point that it isn’t influenced by any climatic change, in that it doesn’t turn out to be too delicate when it is hot or too hard when it is chilly.
- It is easy to clean and maintain as it comes with added removable covers.
- It is hypoallergenic and suites all kinds of sleepers even those that suffer from allergies.
- It aligns your neck head and back accordingly whether you are a side or back sleepers
- It comes with some unpleasant odor that goes away with time upon unboxing it.
Customsleeping Original Cervical Pillow – For Neck Support
This pillow from Custom Sleeping Company is suitable for all kinds of sleepers. It comes in handy for those that suffer from neck and back aches from time to time. The neck support is flexible and adjusts to your neck despite your sleeping position.
Expect proper spine alignment when using this pillow as it molds to any given posture, which improves your blood circulation, lessens snoring and headaches. It is airy and helps those who suffer from breathing ailments and allergies.
It comes with a pillowcase which is machine washable. It soft to the touch and regulates high temperatures on those hot nights, as it absorbs all sweat making your sleeping environment dry and cool until morning.
- It is fluffy, soft and very comfortable.
- It is adjustable to your neck and head despite which position you are sleeping in.
- It is affordable.
- It carries additional hypoallergenic properties.
- Some users find the pillow difficult to adjust hence they do not feel like it is a perfect fit for them.
Superior White Down Alternative Pillow – Best down alternative option
This pillow comes in pairs when purchased with the alternative fill of down. It consists of an expensive gel inside it that enhances its firmness and it is suitable for all kinds of sleepers.
They are fluffy, cozy and soft when in contact with the skin. It brings esteem and sheer excellence as an addition to your beddings. They wrinkle with time upon washing it so you need to put it in the dryer quickly. Prolonged washing will make it lose its shape.
The superior white down works all year round due to its silk material which is airy and guarantees a cool and dry night regardless of how intensely you sweat.
- It suits all kinds of sleepers.
- It has hypoallergenic fill that gives help and comfort to those with delicate skin and other breathing problems.
- It is easy to clean.
- It comes in a set of two.
- This product is not available in other parts of the world apart from the United States.
- You can machine wash it and tumble-dry on low heat, in order to re-fluff it. But it is advised that you remove it quickly from the dryer so as to avoid too many wrinkles. Likewise, always follow its care label instruction for the best results and longevity.
Ergonomic Aloe Memory Foam Side and Back Sleeper – For Expectant Mothers
This pillow has a wonderful ergonomic design that suits all sorts of sleepers and even expectant mothers. The heart shape design comes in handy for maximum support of the spine.
In addition, this heart shape design allows you to breathe easily because it promotes air circulation for that deep sleep. This greatly diminishes chances of one tossing and turning as you sleep all through the night
It also consists of adjustable memory foam that provides some much-needed support for your head, neck, and spine. Expect little or no aches and pains from these areas and wake up feeling refreshed come morning.
This pillow effectively monitors temperatures and remains cool, keeping your head and body dry from night sweats as you sleep. It is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites
- It is pocket-friendly and comes with a 30-day refund policy.
- It is perfect for back and side sleepers and expectant moms.
- It has been found to help those that suffer from insomnia and reduce snoring naturally.
- It is long lasting due to the cotton texture it is covered with.
- It needs some airing after purchase to get rid of the plastic packaging smell
OXA Spring Neck and Back Pain Relieving Sleeping Pillow – For Back Pain Relief
This pillow was specifically created for that sleeper suffering from back pains now and again. The technology behind the making of this pillow is what brings out its firmness ensuring pain relief and comfort.
It is long lasting and comes with a 20-year warranty, and other products similar to this pillow hardly promise the same.
This pillow has a firm yet fluffy feel to it. It is a favorite for most stomach sleepers as the pillow hardly fills up in your face which can cause uneasiness and shortage of breath. As for back sleepers, they will find this pillow soft and comfy while side sleepers will benefit from a well-aligned spine as they sleep.
On the other hand, other buyers thought that it was a bit flat, and lacked appropriate support. As we said before, personal preference plays a role in this experience.
- It is soft yet firm for all type of sleepers.
- It helps alleviate back pain
- It is durable
- It regulates heat and moisture, giving off a cool feel as you sleep
- Some users don’t find its loft high enough instead it comes off rather flat than other pillows.
There are quite a number of different options that are available for combination sleepers. However, when making the pick, there are a number of factors that you need to consider to guarantee the best experience and the best purchase depending on your sleeping position.
Here are some of the factors that you should consider to improve your chances of getting the right pillow for your sleeping positions.
Size: These pillows come in many sizes. Choose a size that fits you and corresponds to the size of your bed. The pillow might be small, medium or large. In some cases, the size is a personal preference, but it is always advisable to pick a big one for all round support.
The Type of pillow
Like with most other pillows, pillows for combination sleepers come in a diverse array that is usually dictated by the type of filling. It is important to consider these since the different types filling come with different benefits and comfort levels.
- Down pillows – the first alternative you have are the down pillows. These are known for their superior plushness and they tend to stick to their shape because they are usually filled with synthetic fibers. They are quite soft and perfect for combination sleepers that don’t want too much height with their pillow.
- Memory Foam
They are among the most popular options you will find when looking for a pillow. They come in different densities and their greatest benefit has to be their ability to contour around your body ensuring comfort every time you change your position.
Latex pillows are known for their ability to dissipate heat. If you are combination sleeper and you find the spikes of heat during the night unbearable, a latex filled pillow for combination sleepers might help to make your nights more comfortable. They are also are repelling mold and dust mites.
If you are not sure of which works for you better between the memory foam and the latex pillows, gel pillows offer you the best reprieve. They are a mixture of memory foam and latex and do a good job offering a fine blend of benefit that the two options offer individually but in one pillow.
Thickness: Combination sleepers should be aware of the thickness of their pillows. If you suffer from neck and back pains, you should avoid thicker pillows. A medium sized pillow will work just fine for you.
Sleep Position: Consider your most natural sleeping position as this will guide you on which pillow suits you best. As much as these pillows are made for combination sleepers, some may disappoint you upon using them, depending on your needs and levels of comfort. It is important that you consider the sleeping position you prefer most and use that to guide your decision.
External Pillow Cover: You want to pick a pillow with has a secure cover as it protects the fill from spilling out. Always opt for pillows whose cover texture has multiple numbers of threads. The fillings will remain inside the pillow as well as prevent other objects from entering in the pillow. You might also want to go for pillows with a hypoallergenic cover for extra comfort especially if you are sensitive to triggers like dust.
Durability: Look out for how long the pillow is rumored to last based on the materials used in making the pillow. A warranty is usually a good indication of what to expect and the longer it is the better.
Handling Instructions: Find out how these pillows are washed and maintained. Some of them require a little extra care when cleaning them which can be time consuming. You need to decide if that is an inconvenience you can take for the sake of your comfort.
There are plenty of options to choose from but, we think the most comprehensive one and the outright winner of the review is the Beegod Soft Pillow. It is an all rounded option that offers a blend of support, comfort with a luxurious feel and it is hypoallergenic. It ticks on all the right boxes and we feel it would be a good decision to go with.
We hope this information will be helpful as you pick the best combination pillow. Grab one that is affordable and guarantees many years of service. Remember, combination pillows are suited for everyone including pregnant mothers and it is an investment that you will be proud of every night when you lay your head at night if you take the time to make the right decision.