Wouldn’t it be amazing to borrow your head on a soft and luscious pillow after a tiring day at work?
Feather pillows don’t just give the comfort and warmth that you need but they can also add character and charm to your plain bedroom.
This article may help you if you are looking for the best feather pillow that can help take you to dreamland.
What Are Feather Pillows?
A feather pillow is filled with back feathers and wings of geese and duck and has a “feather-proof” outer cover that aims to stop the feather quills to poke through. Most of the feather pillow contains about 5% down feathers.
Feather pillows are ideal for those want great pillows that can help them sleep better at an affordable price. They are also great during cold nights since the materials made out of feathers are designed to help you stay warm.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Feather Pillows
Feather pillows have been used for a long time and its popularity has never weaned for numerous reasons.
Before purchasing your own feather pillows, take a look at its benefits and drawbacks.
- Easy on the pocket: if you want some pillows are easy on your budget, then feather pillows may be perfect for you. There are a lot of feather pillows that are available in the market at a very reasonable price. The lifetime value is also good considering that it can last for up to 10 years.
- It can last long: Because they are made of feathers, this type of pillow can last for several years. You would have built a strong connection with your feather pillow for many years before you feel the need to replace one.
- Ideal for all sleeping position: Though they particularly serve best on those who sleep on their stomach, feather pillows are also ideal to all-rounder as they are fluffy and soft, making it easier for them to be shaped to cater your sleeping position.
- Sleeps cool: this pillow does not retain or trap the heat from your head and upper body when you sleep. Instead, heat is being released effectively which results to the surface temperature to stay normal.
- Not ideal for pain relief: this type of pillow is not popular to those who are suffering from various body pains because it offers lesser support, especially in the shoulders. Some feather pillows have tendency to become flat which can put a strain on your shoulders if your neck and head are not properly supported.
- Extra poke: though feather pillows are made of feather-proof outer cover, there are some – especially the cheap versions – where a quill pokes through. Though it’s completely harmless, it can bring annoyance at times.
- Moisture and perspiration are its biggest enemies: moisture can destroy your pillow fast which can be inconvenient if you are living in an area that has humid climate. In addition to moisture, perspiration can also make your pillow age fast.
What Are The Things That You Need to Consider Before Purchasing a Feather Pillow?
Durability: They have at least 20% greater lifespan compared to other types of pillow. Feather is a pretty stronger material so you may be able to use feather pillow for several years before having the need to replace it.
Supportive: Feather pillow tends to become excessively flat because of compression, this can offer less support to your head and neck in return.
Neck pain relief: It performs about average in providing neck pain relief compared to other types of pillow. It could also help relieve stomach pain since the filling is quite malleable so that you can comfortably sink into it.
No noise: There may be a crunching noise, especially when the pillow is compressed, because feathers have hard parts and the outside cover has a plastic layer to stop the feathers from poking through.
No odor: There may be an unpleasant and lingering odor.
Not hot: Since it doesn’t retain the body heat, this pillow may keep you cool when you’re asleep.
Safety: Dust mites are less likely to inhabit feather pillows than other types of pillows. Your chance of getting allergic to dust mites are higher than being allergic to feather pillows.
Reduces snoring: There are some firmer models that may help reduce snoring.
Top 10 Best Feather Pillows
Specialized in down/feather bedding products, L LOVSOUL BEDDING aims to give you a comfortable sleep with their feather pillows.
It is made of 100% cotton and has three chamber constructions, inner chamber is 10% goose and outer chamber is 100% goose and feather is 90% goose. It’s perfect for those who want a combination of support and comfort in their pillows.
- Durable due to its added silver grey piping.
- Suitable for back and stomach sleepers
Cons of this product include:
- Could be too firm and may not be ideal for side sleepers.
- It also has the tendency to smell and the odor may linger.
If you want to have the best of both worlds, this pillow may be perfect for you. It has the support of a feather pillow on the inside and its outside has the softness of the double the down.
- This may be ideal for back and side sleepers because the double the down offers extra fluffiness and loft.
- This pillow also offers allergen-free warranty.
- the pillow may be designed as too tall or too thick for some users
- Has the tendency to go flat by the end of the night.
It is made of hypoallergenic feather velvet filler and fine soybean fiber, which may ensure not just a comfortable sleep but also a healthier you because it’s odor and allergen free. If you want a pillow that does not flatten out, this one may be your best pick. Because of its velvet filler and elastic and soft fiber, you may get firmer support and downright coziness. And to top it off, its cotton cover is made of silk which makes it mite and dust repellent.
- Offers support and coziness
- Allergen and odor free
- Could be soft and fluffy though and some users may not be comfortable with it.
- May not be ideal for those who are side and stomach sleeper.
It has double layered fabric which may provide the comfort that you need. It’s filled with down and feather so it has medium firmness that may be ideal for those who sleep on their back or side. The outer fabric is made of 100% cotton which makes it feel comfortable.
- Has the right support due to its feather and down filling.
- It’s double layered for your comfort.
- It may be heavy and not soft for some users
- Has the tendency to go flat
If you’re looking for something unique, this may be the answer.
Its outer cover is made of double diamond lattice quilt and blue cotton piping, offering a unique style and prick-free pillow. If you have allergy, you may not need to suffer anymore as this pillow is free of harmful chemicals.
- It comes with a unique style
- It’s hypoallergenic
- It may have a static feel making it not the most comfortable pillow.
- They also don’t fold and bend well.
If you want the comfort of a down pillow alongside added support, this could be your best bet. It is made of 75% feathers and 25% down, making this pillow firmer compared to other down pillows. Since it easily molds and may provide comfort that is long-lasting, this pillow may be ideal for any type of sleepers. With the unique blend of goose feathers and downs, it has a lasting shape and does not sink down.
- Best pillow for any type of sleeper.
- Lasting shape.
- May not be as durable as the other ones
- Some feather or two may poke through.
If you’re always on the go, this neck pillow could work as a travel pillow for you. It has feather-soft fill which provides durability and support. It is wrapped in fabric that is super soft, proving indulgent and plush feel at a price that is easy on the pocket. Unlike other travel pillow, the entire pillow is machine washable.
- Machine washable
- Environmental friendly fill and packing
- It may not be as comfortable as the other travel pillows though because it’s bigger and thicker.
This pillow may be perfect for those who want comfort and fluffiness. It has the right amount of flush that could give you the right amount of comfort and luxury that you need in your sleep. It’s made of 95% feathers and 5% down.
- Has the right balance of softness and firmess.
- Ideal for side and back sleepers.
- May flatten out quickly
- Has more tendencies of feathers sticking out
Not only does this pillow have 100% cotton cover, it is also hypoallergenic and resistant to mold, dust mites and mildew which may be the answer if you want to sleep all night long. It has also unique double layered fabric design to prevent feathers from poking out.
- Feathers don’t stick through.
- Easy care as it is machine washable.
- It has the tendency to lose its shape though, especially after many months of usage.
If you’re looking for a real firm feather pillow, this could be the one that you’re searching for. It’s hypoallergenic and made of 100% blend of white feathers which could give you the firmness that you seek in a feather pillow.
- Perfect for side sleepers.
- Machine washable and dryable.
- Could produce a noise like there is plastic or something inside of it.
Amongst these top feather pillows, which one stands out for me?
I’m rooting for Larnn Soft Bedding Pillows.
Because it’s made of 100% soybean fiber and feather velvet filler, this pillow is ideal for all types of sleeper – back, side or stomach. Even pregnant sleepers may find this pillow comfortable and could offer the support they need because of its medium firmness.
One of the most common complaints in feather pillows is that it flattens out easily. Larnn’s pillow barely flattens out because it is made of velvet filler and elastic fiber. And to top it all, you may not need to worry about dust and mite anymore so you could get the peaceful sleep that you need all throughout the night.
If you want a pillow that is durable, hypoallergenic and all-rounder, Larnn Soft bedding pillows could be the best one for you too.